Frequently asked questions :
The sensor is about 4”x 4”x 4” and weighs ¼ lb with the housing.
The AirU can hang from a hook under an overhang (like a plant), or mounted on a wall, like a smoke detector.
Ideally, the sensor should be mounted in a protected spot outdoors, like under an eave. The AirU’s protective housing is water resistant but not water proof. The AirU should be roughly breathing level (5 ft high or higher). Avoid placing it near kitchen exhaust or dryer vents or less than 4 ft above the ground. The sensor needs to connect to power.
The AirU consumes approximately 1.5 Watts. The cost of power varies by location, but it will cost less than 1 cent per month.
The AirU works only with personal 2.4 GHz networks.
- My sensor goes offline?
- Ensure that your sensor has power. If not, provide power. If it has power unplug it for 10 seconds, and plug it back in. If it does not come back online contact us at email@example.com.
- My PM2.5 concentrations are 0 ug/m3 for more than 48 hours?
- Ensure that your sensor has power. If not, provide power. If it has power unplug it for 10 seconds, and plug it back in. If it continues to read zero, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My PM2.5 concentrations remain constant (i.e., 4 ug/m3) for more than 24 hours?
- Unplug your sensor for 10 seconds, and plug it back in. If the numbers still do not change, contact us email@example.com.
- My PM2.5 concentrations fluctuate by more than 50% on a minute-by-minute, basis?
- PM2.5 levels can fluctuate greatly on a minute-by-minute basis. Although we are interested in minute-by-minute readings. It is more important to determine if your sensor generally follows air quality trends.
- My PM2.5 concentrations show an unhealthy level > 150 ug/m3 that lasts for a few minutes?
- This can be normal, and there may be many causes. One larger particle may have passed through the sensor and provided an erroneous reading, or a malfunctioning vehicle/an individual smoking a cigarette may be near the sensor.